Task 1. Fill in prepositions where necessary.
1. Originally there were ten amendments in the Bill ... Rights.
2. After a meal Mr Harding asked for the bill ... the dinner.
3. They voted ... him because he hadn't supported them before.
4. The senator has declared his loyalty ... the country.
5. The congressmen represent their states ... the Congress.
6. The judges work ... the Supreme Court as long as they live
7. Who is going to judge ... The football competition?
8. Progressive people all over the world fight ... peace
Task 2. Report what these people said.
1. My mother said: «I voted for the president last year»
2. Frank said: «The earth is bigger than the moon»
3. The teacher said: «Moscow was founded in 1147»
4. Pam said: «my brother doesn't like coffee»
Task 3. Give the English equivalents.
1. Представители народа
2. Дупло в стволе дерева
3. Поддержка друзей
4. Подчиняться правилам
5. Школьный семестр
7. Who is going to judge during the football competition?
- Task 1. 1. Originally there were ten amendments in the Bill of Rights.
3. friends' support
4. to follow the rules
5. a school term
5. The congressmen represent their states in the Congress.
2. After a meal Mr Harding asked for the bill for the dinner.
8. Progressive people all over the world fight for peace
3. They voted against him because he hadn't supported them before.
4. Pam said that her brother didn't like coffee.
2. Frank said that the Earth is bigger than the Moon.
Task 3. 1. people's representatives
2. a hollow in a tree trunk
3. The teacher said that Moscow was founded in 1147.
Task 2. 1. My mother said she had voted for the president the previous year
4. The senator has declared his loyalty to the country.
6. The judges work in the Supreme Court as long as they live